cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

new computer

whiskgonewild
1-Newbie

new computer

I purchased a new personal laptop, I have Creo on my old laptop, and I would like to download/transfer Creo to the new laptop, but want to make sure that I follow proper procedure. I am a teacher so I have a free version of Creo 3.0, which is also what is installed on all of my school computers. So, basically I'd like to know the proper procedure for using my current account to install Creo on my new computer, and would 'you' recommend that I upgrade to 4.0 or 5.0 even though my students are using 3.0?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

You will need to log into your PTC.com account and request a new license for your new computer. Afetr you have the license, then do the install.

Creo 5 has only been out a week, so not sure how many are using it yet.

Creo 4 can read Creo 3 files from your students so that should not be an issue.

The only reason to keep Creo3 would be if you want to build a demo file and pass it out to your students.

You can install multiple versions of Creo and run them from a license for the latest version, at least with a commercial license you can.

Top Tags