cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

thin remaining parts disappear

Dsyong
1-Newbie

thin remaining parts disappear

I am using Creo Parametric Release 4.0 and DatecodeM150

When modeling features with very high aspect ratios, there is an issue where the thin remaining parts of the geometry disappear when removing material using the extrude cut function.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

pleas upload problematic part packaged in zip file.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dsyong)

This is likely an accuracy issue, The aspect ratio difference is a primary clue.

Warning: changing accuracy can have unintended effects and failures. I suggest saving your work BEFORE the change, Test everything (including merges and references) before saving. Make sure you can get back to where you were before the change just in case it becomes a major headache!

Go to File - Prepare - Model Properties - Accuracy.

If you are set to Relative accuracy and you don't want to change to absolute, try lowering the accuracy value under the "change" option. For high aspect ratios, relative accuracy may be the primary problem (long length, thin part as you describe).

You can change the accuracy type from Relative to absolute, which i believe is more appropriate for your situation. You may also need to reduce the value there also.

You can learn more about accuracy by searching the community. There are LOTs of good posts on how it works and what it does.

Top Tags