cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

unwanted thin surface

JustinSauber
1-Newbie

unwanted thin surface

I am having an issue where a thin surface appears in a hole after creating a weld lip using a revolve.

The hole in the center of the part is a thru hole. Anyone have any ideas what causes this?

Wildfire 4.0 M220

NVIDIA quadro K2000M and Intel HD Graphics 4000

(4) Intel Core i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I've seen that sort of thing before.
Check your sketch for small edges, also try turning your accuracy down as small as it will go.

Regards
Sarah Ford
CAD Designer/Admin
Westwind Air Bearings
Tel. 01202 627236
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JustinSauber)

I get that same phenomenon occasionally. It's not really there on mine. It doesn't show up in drawings but at certain shaded views, it looks just like what you have. I haven't solved it yet but it doesn't seem to cause other issues except visualization.

I made the accuracy .0001 and that fixed it. Thank you.

Regards,
Justin
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:JustinSauber)

.0001 works 9 out of 10 times.

Top Tags