cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to enable Active Directory after deploying it using Solution Central?

SM_10304314
3-Visitor

How to enable Active Directory after deploying it using Solution Central?

I have two environments: Dev and Test (Both have Thingworx Version: 9.5)

I have uploaded the solution on Solution Central from Dev Environment which contains the Active Directory.

Now I have deployed the same solution on the Test Environment using Solution Central but I am not able to Enable the Active Directory.

Does anyone have any idea how to enable my active directory on Test environment?

Regards,

Shashank

2 REPLIES 2

@SM_10304314 ,

I believe that the items you are trying to update, are components of the solution central project. 

If that is the case then the element is set to READ only.  

HTH

The question I have is that only. If we cannot enable an Active directory after deploying it using Solution Central, then the whole purpose of Solution Central comes to ZERO. As you are only left with one solution to manually export and import in other environments. You can deploy as many as projects possible on different environments using Solution Central, but at the end there is no use as users will not be able to access or login into it, as Active Directory is not enabled.

How can PTC make a such big blunder?

I even added one more thing in the ActiveDirectory solution, which has one service to set and save the "Connection" configuration table values but that also doesn't make the Active Directory enable. After setting the values, I ran the TestConnection service of Active Directory and it returned true but AD is still not enabled.

Top Tags