cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Restart Industrial Things from service

JK_10565232
6-Contributor

Restart Industrial Things from service

HI, 

I would like to know how I can restart all industrial things after Tomcat reboot. 
I made service and it looks like that:

if (itemNumber <= (me.foundThings.rows.length - 1)) {
	var foundItem = me.foundThings.rows[itemNumber].Name;
	Things[me.foundThings.rows[itemNumber].Name].RestartThing();
	for (var x = 0; x < 3000; x++) {
		//sleeper
	}
	me.foundThings.rows[itemNumber].Status = 'Done';
	me.foundThings.rows[itemNumber].LastConnection = new Date();
	 me.RestartConnection({
	serverName: serverName /* THINGNAME */,
	NameThing: me.foundThings.rows[itemNumber].Name /* STRING */        
});
	result = itemNumber + 1;
} else {
	result = 10000000;
}

RestartConnection service was created to re-append the Kepware server name to the Industrial Thing properties.

My problem is that what I created works very randomly. Of the 3, Industrial Things restarts 1 or 2 or does not add the server name to Industrial Thing.

How can I create a tool to restart all Industrial Things to avoid having to do it manually?

Thank you,

Jan

6 REPLIES 6
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:JK_10565232)

Why would you want to restart the things when tomcat was just restarted? Then all things were already restarted.

On a side note: don't do the assignment to me.foundThings this way. Create a local variable for foundThings. do the loop assignments there. After the loop, assign me.foundThings to the local variable.

JK_10565232
6-Contributor
(To:Rocko)

Hi 

Thank you for answer in middle of your night.

because in TWX 8.4 Industrial Things lose connection with Kepserwer or do not send the entire set of properties that are connected to Kepserwer.

They are waiting for the first change and I have such surprises that properties 1 is refreshed and properties 2 and 3 are saved as null.

After restartThing it works as it should

Rocko
17-Peridot

No worries, it's not the middle of the night where I am

I probably can't help with the resolution of this, but it might be helpful if you post some of your environment. Thingworx version, Kepware version, used protocols, etc. Is it really 8.4? Because this is out of support for many years,

JK_10565232
6-Contributor

yesterday I found solution for it.

Yes its 8.4 we are in middle of process with upgrade to TWX 9.3 but it takes time as always.

I will make note below how I resolved my problem a bit later. 

Thank you 

Jan

Rocko
17-Peridot

Great. Please also verify this on 9.3 - there were a lot of architectural changes and maybe you don't need the restart anymore at all.

JK_10565232
6-Contributor

I saw it. I hope after upgrade my life will be much easier hah

Top Tags