cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Viewing avi files in mashups

dbologna
11-Garnet

Viewing avi files in mashups

I would need to display avi files in the mashup of an application. Is there any extension that provides me with a widget for displaying avi video ? Alternatively is there an extension that allows me to convert an avi format video to an mp4 format video ?
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no out of the box supported extension that allows displaying Video in mashups.

However, the effort is relatively trivial to implement it (there's an HTML video tag) and there are github examples out there ready to be searched.

Also, there is no extension that allows conversion between AVI and MP4.

That task is not something I explored, but as a point, I would try to convert the files once, after they arrive, and not when they are requested by mashup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:dbologna)

Hello,

I haven't tried this, but doesn't the Video Player widget support .avi files?

I found this PTC support article that says that the Video Player widget is no longer supporter, but we do at least have it on our 9.3.4 platform.

When it comes to converting .avi to .mp4. I have never seen any extension that does this, but there seems to be several online tools that you could use.

Regards,

Jens

There is no out of the box supported extension that allows displaying Video in mashups.

However, the effort is relatively trivial to implement it (there's an HTML video tag) and there are github examples out there ready to be searched.

Also, there is no extension that allows conversion between AVI and MP4.

That task is not something I explored, but as a point, I would try to convert the files once, after they arrive, and not when they are requested by mashup.

Top Tags