cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

change property type in thingworx and influx

AR_10436872
6-Contributor

change property type in thingworx and influx

hello,  hope your doing all well.

I have a thing with some thingShapes, binded to a kepware where it gets the data. the problem is some properties i created on shapes has string as a type, and on the kepware they are numbers, and this causes a problem for me when quering theme from influx with aggregate functions (mean....).
i tried to modify adapt there types on the thing-> my properties (where there is an exclamation mark ) , i click on the property then i click on applay , it changes there type to the proper one, but after saving , it go back to the previous type. also tried to create new properties and deleted the wrong ones, they are not visible on influx, only the old (string) ones are there,

my question is : 

-can i change a property's type after it's on influx without changing the name?

- is there a way to force the types on the sources, not on the shapes ?

thank you all

*i am new to thingworx (few months).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In this help center page, there's a small statement at the end of the page that [for InfluxDB] "You can not change the base type of a property after it has been logged to a value stream". I guess that solves at least changing the base type for Influx.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In this help center page, there's a small statement at the end of the page that [for InfluxDB] "You can not change the base type of a property after it has been logged to a value stream". I guess that solves at least changing the base type for Influx.

thank you for this info. 

so i may need to create a new one.

Top Tags