cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Changes not displaying in canvas

Christian_Ll
6-Contributor

Changes not displaying in canvas

Hello,

I recently updated my Vuforia Studio to version 9.19.11 from 9.12, but now I'm encountering an issue. When I try to change the height of a grid row or the background color, the changes are not visible on the canvas. They only appear when I load the preview. Is this behavior expected in this version, or could something have gone wrong during the update?

It seems that other widgets are functioning correctly; it's only the grid and panel widgets that are problematic. I've already tried reinstalling, rebooting, and using another browser (Edge).

Christian_Ll_1-1713544515391.png

Christian_Ll_2-1713544595419.png

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Christian_Ll ,

I do not think that this is desired behavior, especially this was working in older version. I checked on simple project and I think I could reproduce the problem as you reported:

2024-04-23_10-51-30.jpg

I will check with Studio R&D team this issue. Thanks!

Reported the issue to PTC R&D team as Jira Ticket VTS-1955. When there are further information or feedbacks to the issue/ticket  from the PTC Vuforia R&D team , then I will share that in this communtiy topic.

Hello @RolandRaytchev
Thanks for reporting the issue. 

Hi @Christian_Ll , the developer contact me today , dev cant reproduce the issue with the latest version , so far I understood the message on mac. I need information to provide to dev team:

• What is the platform what you use- means where is installed Vuforia Studio e.g. mac or windws
  • what is the used version of Studio
  • is also there the issue reproducible
  • how the issue occurs? -means is there sometimes when you change the UI - Studio hanging for a while -  when you start preview - saying save but it takes a bit longer time >20 seconds. Do you have some behavior like this or when you change the style and size - and click on preview - then it will immediately open preview mode?

I would appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Hello @RolandRaytchev ,

• The platform used is Windows 10.
  • The Vuforia Studio version is 9.19.11.0.
  • Just as you did in your first reply. In my case, I created a 2D eyewear project, added a grid, set the row height to 200px, and a background color, but the changes don't reflect on the canvas, only when loading the preview. Other properties like Alignment and Justification also don't work.
  • This issue occurs consistently; everything else works normally. The time it takes when clicking save or preview is also normal.

Canvas => Preview:

Christian_Ll_0-1715092983696.pngChristian_Ll_1-1715093098251.png
Another project I made looks like this:

Christian_Ll_2-1715093351161.pngChristian_Ll_3-1715093363053.png

Top Tags