cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Custom Widgets Guide

AS_10340651
12-Amethyst

Custom Widgets Guide

Hello,

do we have a workshop or a guide for "how to create advanced widgets"? Because creating simple widgets is very easy.

I've created already some custom widgets for my company, so i have experiences with that, but now i'm running in an uknown issue. I'm trying to change the bahavior of the existent BarCodeSannner. I want to be able to scan continuously until the user presses the "cancel"-button. For this i copied all needed files, renamed the needed parts so that now we have the original "scan"-widget and the copied "scan2". At the widget "scan2" i've deleted the part where the scanner stops after a successful scan. But it seems that it is failing at the initializing part. i have checked everything and followed the same steps as i did at my other widgets but it doesnt work. this why i need an advanced guide but i cant find anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry I must of pasted wrong URL 

https://www.brainshark.com/ptc/vu?pi=zGZz7CQQ9zBRxnz0

If you could provide more info - I know that there are times when the extension will not load - look into your studio logs. If you wish to share I could take a look

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Did you use an existing extension as your start point? If yes

Check out this video that explores how to create an extension which allows you to get a feel for how the extensions are created - you maybe need help beyond this but if you can follow the content let me know

https://www.brainshark.com/1/content/en/portal/details/99743000?tsv=1

Yes, i made already extensions from existing widgets and it always works. I made also some widgets from scratch. I just think i miss some advanced knowledge and hope someone can help me.

For the video I have no rights to see. Is it possible to view it without registration?

Sorry I must of pasted wrong URL 

https://www.brainshark.com/ptc/vu?pi=zGZz7CQQ9zBRxnz0

If you could provide more info - I know that there are times when the extension will not load - look into your studio logs. If you wish to share I could take a look

First of all thanks alot for that videos. Even i knew the most of it i learned something new. And now i fixed my Scanner widget.

I'm able to start a BarCodeScanner that will scan continiously. The only issue is, that it works only at the preview as indended. The scanner will catch any input continiously until i press the "x"-Button.

In runtime in iOS it catches only first value and even the scanner is still running, it refuse to catch any value after the first one.

For that I just removed the "scope.stopScan()" at the existing code and hoped that is all i need but it doesn't works.

if (renderer.scanForNextBarCode) {
  renderer.scanForNextBarCode(
    (scannedValue) => {
      scope.me.scannedValue = scannedValue;
      //scope.stopScan();
      scope.$emit('valueacquired', scannedValue);
    },
    function (e) {
      //Hololens will call this error callback if the user manually cancels the scan
      scope.stopScan();
      console.log('scanForNextBarCode was manually cancelled or had an error', e);
    }
  );
}

Anyway i accept that as a solution, because this guide is all i wanted.

Are there more of these Vuforia Studio coding tutorials available?

At best, with the code examples mentioned in the video.

It's hard to find more resources like this.

Top Tags