cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Dynamic placement of the NX model in vuforia studio

Sandy_Gunner
13-Aquamarine

Dynamic placement of the NX model in vuforia studio

I am trying to use tml3dRenderer.addPVS to add the model dynamically in the vuforia studio.

tml3dRenderer.addPVS('tracker1', name, 'app/resources/Uploaded/<model>.pvz', undefined, undefined, () => { tml3dRenderer.setTranslation(name,pos.x,pos.y,pos.z); tml3dRenderer.setRotation (name,rot.x,rot.y,rot.z);

})

I have information about the NX model position (x,y,z) and orientation(rx,ry,rz) respectively in the csv file.I think the Up vector in Vuforia studio (Y-axis) and NX (Z-axis) are different. Because of that, the coordinates as well as orientation transformation should be taken into consideration from NX CAD to Vuforia studio. How to achieve this transformation in Vuforia studio? I will appreciate your help . Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Pandersson,

Thank you for your quick response.I am already able to place the model in Vuforia Studio dynamically with the help of the NX Position (x, y, z) and NX Orientation (rx, ry, rz) information provided in the CSV file .

I tried to place the model in Vuforia studio with position as (x, z, -y) and orientation  as (-90+rx, rz, -ry) .As I said earlier, the information on the CSV file is based on the Siemens NX, so the orientation of the model I used here to place the model in the vuforia studio seems to be incorrect . I think we have to take the transformation into consideration for both position (x, y, z) and orientation (rx,ry,rz) from NX  to Vuforia studio coordinate system. 

What will be the new orientation for the model at Vuforia Studio ?

Top Tags