cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Using 3D Scan for Modeltarget

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

Using 3D Scan for Modeltarget

Dear Community

I've tried using a model target with a 3D scan, without using the area target.

It does not work, I'm getting an error in the model target creator. It does not work in the Vuforia Editor of Expert Capture.

The Experience is attached.

Best wishes

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sebben
12-Amethyst
(To:AlexK)

Hi, there is something not working correctly with the conversion of the pvz or there is something already wrong in the pvz.

The studio logs shows that the a "baked_mesh_norm0.png" file cannot be found in "VuforiaStudio\Projects\Scan_Model_Test\resource_cache\mtg"

So you easy way is to copy the "baked_mesh_tex0.png" and rename it to "baked_mesh_norm0.png".

Like this I could create a model target.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sebben
12-Amethyst

Hi, there is something not working correctly with the conversion of the pvz or there is something already wrong in the pvz.

The studio logs shows that the a "baked_mesh_norm0.png" file cannot be found in "VuforiaStudio\Projects\Scan_Model_Test\resource_cache\mtg"

So you easy way is to copy the "baked_mesh_tex0.png" and rename it to "baked_mesh_norm0.png".

Like this I could create a model target.

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:sebben)

Thanks Sebben

It worked in Studio.

Is there a way to convert OBJ with Textures to PVZ, so that it works without going into the Files? (I've attached the file)

Best wishes Alex

sebben
12-Amethyst

Hi, you can simply use this zip file and upload it into studio. It will be converted into a pvz with textures that you can use for the model target generator.

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:sebben)

Hi Sebben

Thanks, that worked in studio, the Vuforia Expert Capture Editor won't import the zip file and doesn't load the textures of the PVZ.

Best wishes

Alex

sebben
12-Amethyst

I am not sure, if it you can make it work in VEC but you can just try the tracking without textures. The textures may not help for the tracking anyway.

Top Tags