cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

hololens 2 model targets not aligning with physical model

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

hololens 2 model targets not aligning with physical model

Hello everyone, 

we are facing the issue for alignment of augmented and physical model when using hololens2. The augmented model is misaligning with the physical model with 2 to 3 inches. When I check the Microsoft's troubleshoot website, its mentioned that there may be one inch or more offset will be there. Please refer this article. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hololens-faq#after-placing-a-hologram-on-a-wall-it-seems-...  

And when I created the same experience for mobile device then the offset was very less.

It will be really helpful if anyone can help us. Just need clarification about "Can we achieve 100% accurate alignment with Hololens 2 "??

Awaiting response.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Another one - "Calibrate your HoloLens 2 for authoring in the Dynamics 365 Guides HoloLens app": https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/mixed-reality/guides/hololens-app-calibrate 

Hi, 

We have tried calibrating the hololens2 with the user but the issue of misalignment was still there.

The difference in physical and augmented model is less than 2 inches but prominent.

Is there any other workaround to it?

Regards,

RK

Hi @ppandarkar-2 ,

is the issue :

- device specific - occurs only on specific device , or devices with specific configuration?

-experience specific - occurs only with specific experience project on all devices (eyewear devices)?

- issue is generell - reproducible on many devices with different model targets - if so I should be able also to reproduce the problem an will report it to R&D. I will have access to HoloLens 2 device this Thursday and will check if I could reproduce it.

I think from the article you mentioned there are relevant the points:

Reporting issues with unstable or inexact holograms

item 3.) ->fixes by updating to the latest Windows Holographic OS, (20H2 or higher).

and then Upgrade the latest Vuforia View app

• Perform IPD calibration. Go to Settings > System > Utilities. Under Calibration, select Open Calibration.
  • Create a new map of your space by wearing the HoloLens and walking around your room and looking at all areas and surfaces in the space. Do this for 2-3 minutes. (before in open View  “Hey View, update tracking.” )
  • Re-test the scenario and see if it still persists. - here in this case clear load again the experience project

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for replying late to you.

This issue is general, when I have to track an object which is more than 3 meters in height and width, then this scenario occurs.

For example, If I am using model target onto door of the vehicle. After tracking the door, ideally complete 3D data of that vehicle should spawn and perfectly align with the physical vehicle. But in our case, only door is aligning perfectly and rest data is not in proper alignment (Always there will be gap of several inches between physical model and augmented model). When I move around the vehicle, augmented data keep on shaking and misalign.

I hope I have explained the problem in detail. Do let me know if any further explanation is required from our end.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

RK.

Top Tags