cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Alias attribute between Change Objects

MV_10441462
10-Marble

Alias attribute between Change Objects

Hi All

I want to map certain attributes from Change Request to Change Notice and from Change Notice to Change Activity. I created the alias attributes below mapping rules:

theChangeOrder2@wt.change2.AddressedBy2~theChangeRequest2^wt.change2.ChangeRequest2~name

theChangeActivity@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~fgesArea

But I'm not able to find the attribute values migrated from one Change Object to another.

Can anybody help me understand my error here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @MV_10441462 

Do you try to set two aliases that one is pointing to a ChangeRequest name and second one to the first alias attribute from ChangeOrder

You can not do that. 

If you want to use alias and point to the changeRequest name from Change activity you have to write full mapping

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HI @MV_10441462 

Do you try to set two aliases that one is pointing to a ChangeRequest name and second one to the first alias attribute from ChangeOrder

You can not do that. 

If you want to use alias and point to the changeRequest name from Change activity you have to write full mapping

PetrH

@HelesicPetr Thank you. Yes I was able to get the value from ChangeRequest and pass it on to ChangeTask directly by writing the full mapping.

The mapping theChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~child@wt.change2.ChangeProcessLink~parent^wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2~number- will pass on the value of number attribute from request to the attribute defined in the task.

For reference:https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS106319

Top Tags