cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creating a Data Utility to Display an IBA Value Instead of an OOTB Value, Globally?

Ryan.Guenther
4-Participant

Creating a Data Utility to Display an IBA Value Instead of an OOTB Value, Globally?

Hi Everyone,

I've created a data utility and have called in the Type and Attribute Manager to overwrite the UI for one of the out of the box variables on a custom document type. This works when the variable is referenced in one of the document layout pages, however, the attribute I want to modify also appears in the item identification information section of the document and in various other tables throughout Windchill. From my understanding, the item identification isn't defined in the type and attribute manager, but rather through the display identification service.

Is it possible to create another data utility/service to automatically overwrite this ootb attribute (only in this document type) globally, rather than having to register the data utility to the attribute in the Layout window and creating other services which implement different interfaces, such as the DisplayIdentification interface?

Does anyone have any insights or experience creating a global overwrite utility within Windchill? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

HI @Ryan.Guenther 

You can define the DataUtility for your attribute by service and name of the attribute.

It overwrite the OOTB Datautility and also it is used anywhere 😄 

service example definition in service.properties

wt.services/svc/default/com.ptc.core.components.descriptor.DataUtility/attribtueName/java.lang.Object/1=cz.aveng.MyCustomDataUtility/duplicate

To achieve your needs you need to rewrite the OOTB Datautility and add there an condition to test the object if it is your subtype

if so then use own method to show value otherwise use the OOTB method to retrieve the value.

PetrH

Top Tags