cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Custom Report to list part configuration serial numbers

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Custom Report to list part configuration serial numbers

I'm trying to figure out how to use the query builder to make a custom report that will return a part structure with serial numbers of a part config instance.  My goal is to have a report that can instruct or document what serials numbers went into a build and pull a report.

For example: If I have a WT part number 00123 that has 3 different configurations (S/N 001, 002, 003) with a structure of parts underneath that all have serial numbers. How do I make a custom report to list that?

2 REPLIES 2
d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:Aaronm87)

@Aaronm87 

Report builder can’t do a multi-level BOM report as it pretty much just get data that’s stored in the dB and recursive BOMs are calculated not stored.

That said, you can use “Java Method” functionality in Report Builder to do pretty much anything. Including recursively navigate a part structure.

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:d_graham)

I'm not trying to do a multi-level BOM. I just want to return a BOM using the serial number and part number as a parameter. Or does that classify as a multi-level BOM?

Top Tags