cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Data Utility not working for Common Attributes in allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRe

MV_10441462
10-Marble

Data Utility not working for Common Attributes in allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRe

Hi All, Hi @HelesicPetr 

I have a Data Utility were I process the attribute values using the gatDataValue(). But the data utility does not get called for Common Attributes(allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRefIbas) in a WTPart.  If the attributes are listed maybe I can assign the selector in the Layout attribute properties but for Common Attributes the attributes are not listed but I see just one cell with value "allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRefIbas". Can anybody help me know why?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @MV_10441462 

What do you mean Common Attributes?

Have you set the service,properties with DataUtility configuration?

I usually use internal name of parameter as a selector and add it to the service.properties

then the DataUtility is called almost everywhere the attribute is shown. 

PetrH

MV_10441462_0-1698049317819.png

The Common Attributes group in the WTPart Layout. The method getDataValue() in the Data Utility is not getting called for the specified attribute in this "allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRefIbas". And yes I have set the configuration in xconf file still no luck. The data utility gets called for the same attribute if its added separately in the grid for a different group like General.

Hi @MV_10441462 

That is common, the allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRefIbas is just group of non defined attributes on the WTPart.

You need to add the attribute to the WTpart type . So yes the attribute needs to be added separately. 

PetrH

Oh. How can I remove the attribute from the group so that I can add it manually to a different Group in Layout and I don't get it to repeat?

Hi @MV_10441462 

You need to create Attribute on the WTPart type.

Same way as you create it on EPM (CAD) Document

the allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRefIbas shows all attributes from CAD Document that are not defined on the WTPart.

So you need to define them on the WTPart type. 

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr 

The attribute I'm trying is already created in the WTPart created globally with a reusable attribute. 

So it's a defined attribute right? Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

Hi @MV_10441462 

Try to share some screen of the attribute. 

If the attribute is created on the WTPart then you have to be able to add them to the layout group

in this point, you can have one attribute just in one layout. So if you have more groups in one layout then each attribute can be added once. 

HelesicPetr_0-1698059670925.png

HelesicPetr_1-1698059728234.png

PS> if you add the allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRefIbas to a group, then you can not add another attribute to that group.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Exactly. My requirement now is to remove the attribute from the group allNonSchemaNonClassificationMinusClassificationRefIbas and add it to another Layout Group from the available attributes so that the attribute does not occur twice(once for the group and other manually) in the same page.

Hi @MV_10441462 

Try to share some screen of the attribute. 

PetrH

Top Tags