cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Editing Jasper Reports

fklink
9-Granite

Editing Jasper Reports

Hello the Community.

I'm trying to update the "Variance Summary Report" in JasperSoft Studio.

I want to add tables that would include Attributes we added to the Variance.

I understand I need to create the new Fields in the dataset.
I added some to the DatasetForVRHeader and made sure to match their name with the attribute's internal name.In addition, I aslo found that those reports are relying on Info*Engine.Therefore, I updated the related .xml to include the attributes I want to display in my report.I updated tasks/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/change2/reports/VarianceSummaryHeader.xml and ChangeItemSummaryHeader.xml.  (tomcat and Info*Engine caches were cleared)
When compiled, the report seems not to understand the changes I made (the added attributes are displayed without value).
Does anybody succeeded in making chenges to those "Info*Engine" generated reports ?

Regards.

François

7 REPLIES 7

hi, were you able to find a solution to this question? with the lack of response from other community members, this might be a good candidate for a request with PTC Technical Support

Hi Scott.

I opened a call at the same time with the Tech Support.

They are till supposed to work on it 🙂

I wish I could get in touch with the R&D guy who made the out-of-the box reports.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:fklink)

Hi @fklink 

I would like to get his contact too 😄

PetrH

rgm1
5-Regular Member

Not sure if you have heard back - have you tried to see if you can get debug statements out of ChangeItemReportHelper.processChangeSummaryAttributes (called by the ChangeItemSummaryHeader.xml)?  I am not sure if those custom attributes are being processed there.  If not, you'd have to add to them to the output group that is returned to the xml.

fklink
9-Granite
(To:rgm1)

Thanks @rgm1 .

Not sure I have enough knowledge to setup the debug mode for this helper.

For sure, tracking the attributes would help me understand where it goes wrong.

rleir
17-Peridot

@ScottMorris @fklink @rgm1 @HelesicPetr 

This is from memory, I was trying to do some changes a few months ago.

You need to do something in Jasper to define where the data for your fields is coming from, and as you are stepping through this, one of the steps creates some class files. It created Java 11 class files, then tried to use them in a Java 8 app. You get a really confusing error code.

Someone suggested that the solution was to set up generic Eclipse to load a Jasper module so you had control of the Java versions.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:rleir)

Hi @rleir 

I was able to configure the attributes, but I wanted to crate own custom report 

I have stuck in some compilation error during the compiling a report back to windchill. 

Some class are missing in a configuration but I can not find a root case even though I opened a case. 

If I've had time I would take a look on it 😄

PetrH

Top Tags