cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Finding resource bundle for Text Tailoring in Windchill

NT_10644494
7-Bedrock

Finding resource bundle for Text Tailoring in Windchill

Hello, I'm writing about an issue we encountered while trying to register the resource bundle file into the Text Tailoring functionality. The problem is, we are not sure for which resource bundle file we need to be looking for. Is there a way to find it from the GUI for concrete label or action, or we need to search it within the source. For example, if I want to change the table name "Where Used" in Part to "Where Used New" what's the way to check the resource bundle file for this label?

I'm using Windchill 12.1,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@NT_10644494 

I understand,

It is very complicated. Sometimes you can find it through GUI by jcaDebug or Tools - Action Report. 

Action Report WCHADRESS/Windchill/app/#ptc1/carambola/tools/actionReport/action

Tools WCHADRESS/Windchill/app/#ptc1/carambola/tools/list

example with Version History

HelesicPetr_2-1687781988189.pngHelesicPetr_3-1687782001111.png

The ResourceBundle set >

HelesicPetr_1-1687781789095.png

Unfortunately there is no way how to get this information through the GUI for some actions because the source XML does not contains information about ResourceBundle for example the Where used tab do not contains that information and you need to search for it in the folders.... 

HelesicPetr_0-1687781544559.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @NT_10644494 

It is navigationRB.java /class

located in ...Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\core\ui\navigationRB.class

source> is in ....Windchill\src\com\ptc\core\ui\navigationRB.java

HelesicPetr_0-1687779264891.png

PS> in a UI use the name navigationRB 

PetrH

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
For "Where Used" I mean it only as example. The problem I have is, without searching in src is there a way through the GUI to find which is the resource bundle. For example this scenario - You see some label or text in the system and you want to see its resource bundle. How you will find it through the GUI? I hope you understand what I mean,

NT

@NT_10644494 

I understand,

It is very complicated. Sometimes you can find it through GUI by jcaDebug or Tools - Action Report. 

Action Report WCHADRESS/Windchill/app/#ptc1/carambola/tools/actionReport/action

Tools WCHADRESS/Windchill/app/#ptc1/carambola/tools/list

example with Version History

HelesicPetr_2-1687781988189.pngHelesicPetr_3-1687782001111.png

The ResourceBundle set >

HelesicPetr_1-1687781789095.png

Unfortunately there is no way how to get this information through the GUI for some actions because the source XML does not contains information about ResourceBundle for example the Where used tab do not contains that information and you need to search for it in the folders.... 

HelesicPetr_0-1687781544559.png

PetrH

@HelesicPetr 

As I saw, the page Customization->Tools->Actions page shows all the actions with the same name and the searching for the specific action can take long time. I hope they add some new functionality for displaying the resource bundle while using the jcaDebug, because I tried it with and it's still not showing for all labels the concrete file. 

Again, thanks for the explanation and your time,

NT

Top Tags