cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to copy url to clipboard in windchill

SK_10514357
5-Regular Member

How to copy url to clipboard in windchill

i want to create custom action to copy current url to clipboard in windchill. Please guide me.

9 REPLIES 9
SK_10514357
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hi VladimirN ,

I want to create custom action to copy just the current url, the above article copies the object to clipboard and cannot be pasted outside the windchill. i am looking for customization related solution.

Thanks & Regards

Shraddha K

Hi @SK_10514357 

Try to use QuickLinks and use an copy page function.  (QuickLinks  is located on the right upper corner) 

The Windchill clipboard will contain the http address that can be used outside of windchill..

PetrH

That only copies to the Windchill Clipboard

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

Hi @jbailey 

Yes, and from the Windchill clipboard you can copy it everywhere you need. 

You do not need a customization to copy URL to windows clipboard

just copy the URL address from a browser. 

Why does someone need to do things complicated? 

PetrH

I am not disagreeing with you, just saying that the copy to clipboard isn't exactly what this person is looking for

SK_10514357
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I want to create a custom action to copy the current url to clipboard, which i can paste in the browser (new tab) outside the windchill. The ootb action Copy Page copies current url in the windchill clipboard which we cannot paste outside windchill. Please guide on what customization/configuration do I need to do?

Thanks

Shraddha K

if you open the Clipboard, you can right mouse button click on the URL while pressing the Shift key to access the browser's context menu and choose Copy URL. this is probably more clicks than you want for such a simple operation. if the Copy Page action exists in Windchill, you should be able to find the source for it in the java docs or customizer's guide, but i am not a developer and my ideas end here.

Hi @SK_10514357 

Here is an example how to copy to the clipboard

howto_js_copy_clipboard

PetrH

Top Tags