cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to customize where used table views

FS_10272716
10-Marble

How to customize where used table views

Hello

I am currently modifying the where used table. I managed to add some additional columns and now I am trying to make it configurable, so you can edit and create your own views. Extending the WhereUsedTreeBuilder class and adding

• jcaTreeConfig.setConfigurable(true);
  • jcaTreeConfig.setShowCustomViewLink(true);

to the buildComponentConfig at least displays the edit and save actions for the views. I can also create and edit views. The problem is that Windchill adds almost all attributes to the tab "Column Display" and whenever I try to remove an attribute from it, it says:

• ATTENTION: Action Is Not Valid. The <attribute name> column cannot be removed. Please choose another column.

So, it is possible to create views, but I cannot select which columns this views should contain since Windchill does not let me remove most of the attributes so I end up with a view with a couple of hundred columns.

When editing the default columns (All Revisions or Latest) Windchill also displays the same amount of attributes and not just those, that are actually contained in this view, namely 5.

Is it even possible to make the views of this table configurable, is there another way to do this? I was not able to find anything about this online.

Thank you & best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @FS_10272716 

Generally that is the reason, why the views are not possible to edit in the  Where used table

It brings more troubles then useful function. 

I tried it many years ago but I realized that it is really trouble during upgrade that the views cased fail during a upgrade in my case 

PetrH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @FS_10272716 

Generally that is the reason, why the views are not possible to edit in the  Where used table

It brings more troubles then useful function. 

I tried it many years ago but I realized that it is really trouble during upgrade that the views cased fail during a upgrade in my case 

PetrH

Top Tags