cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to differentiate eBOM vs mBOM from Windchill Server UI

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

How to differentiate eBOM vs mBOM from Windchill Server UI

Hi Community,

I have loaded windchill demo data using loader command and now I need to understand whether we have mBOM in Windchill server or not. 

How we can differentiate between different BOM structures available in the Windchill Server from the UI?  

I went through some PTC articles and also youtube video where I found that we can have option of Electrical or Mechanical before starting Part Name, number etc. How I can enable that?

Attaching ss for reference. 

Thanks,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs 

It is huge area what you are asking. 

The different type of WPTart is set during creation. 

Open a wtpart new wizard and you can see different type of wtpart if it is configured 

Also if the wtoart is autogenerated during CAD Document check in you can set the specific type of WTPart on the CAD Document type by type and attribute management.

HelesicPetr_1-1700117334328.png

If you want to create different BOM as a mBOM you need to use Transformer BOM tool 

HelesicPetr_2-1700117451440.png

if you want to see difference you can use compare structure function 

HelesicPetr_3-1700117503899.png

all should be part of a studying lecture.

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs 

It is huge area what you are asking. 

The different type of WPTart is set during creation. 

Open a wtpart new wizard and you can see different type of wtpart if it is configured 

Also if the wtoart is autogenerated during CAD Document check in you can set the specific type of WTPart on the CAD Document type by type and attribute management.

HelesicPetr_1-1700117334328.png

If you want to create different BOM as a mBOM you need to use Transformer BOM tool 

HelesicPetr_2-1700117451440.png

if you want to see difference you can use compare structure function 

HelesicPetr_3-1700117503899.png

all should be part of a studying lecture.

PetrH

jlecoz
13-Aquamarine
(To:Siddharth_Jhs)

Hi two simple replies:

• WTPart type -  to set the specific type like "Electrical"  with that you can apply specific business rules to this "type" of parts.
  • WTPart view - in your screenshot you see "Design" after the version on the top node. By default, there is a "Manufacturing" view you can filter your structure by view or check the WTPart history to see if a "Manufacturing" view of this part exists.
Top Tags