cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to remove blank space in Target State for resulting object in WC12

BA_10670508
5-Regular Member

How to remove blank space in Target State for resulting object in WC12

Hi ,

In WC12 for every resulting object the default target state is blank How we can able to remove that or Is there any way to disable it?

BA_10670508_0-1683544473147.png

@HelesicPetr 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You want it to say "Change" as the default?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You want it to say "Change" as the default?

BA_10670508
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Hi @avillanueva ,

Yes I want change as default target state.

avillanueva_0-1683547365323.png

Check your lifecycle state for those resulting items. Make sure that "Change" has a state checked for it. You will have to update lifecycles for existing items to pick this up.

BA_10670508
5-Regular Member

@avillanueva  But In WC12 the default target state is blank so How can we remove that

I do not think that this is default so to speak. You need to setup your lifecycles to have that checked to tell it what state you want to move to when objected are completed by a Change Notice. Defaults targets are Change and Obsolescence.  In mine, I do not use Obsolescence so since there is only 1, it always defaults to "Change" which is mapped to Released. 

BA_10670508
5-Regular Member

Hi @avillanueva ,

Yes it is mapped properly I have enabled Released state from Change but still the default is blank only.

Please check - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS370326.

Any other option I can do?

If this is truly a bug, then looks like only recourse is to update to CPS 9. Looks recently updated too. Have you raised with Tech Support to see if there is a workaround or special condition that causes this?

What do you have for this preference? Showing mine:

avillanueva_0-1683549273250.png

Also, just asking, did you modify the lifecycle to adjust what "Change" transition maps to? If so, existing objects would need to have their lifecycles reset to pick it up. 

BA_10670508
5-Regular Member

Yes it is set to "Yes" for me as well

Top Tags