cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

I need to use the attribute "Default Unit" - Internal Name (defaultunit),& modify legal values

DW_10986849
4-Participant

I need to use the attribute "Default Unit" - Internal Name (defaultunit),& modify legal values

I need to use the attribute "Default Unit" - Internal Name (defaultunit), however, the legal value list is  "ea|as_needed|kg|m|l|sq_m|cu_m" and for value "ea" . I want have a value in fraction which is currently not possible .is there any way have fraction value for value "ea" 

Or how can I add additional value as "special each" for which I will add the fraction unit values ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, each has to be positive integers. If you want to create another unit of measure you need to edit the wt.part.QuantityUnitRB Resource Bundle to add in your new entry. You only need to add your new entry any the process of recompiling will merge them in. Careful with your desired intent with downstream systems like ERP systems. They also might have the same restriction on each. Adding what you are describing will technically be another unit of measure and not equivalent.  Each should be used for parts that are not sub-dividable. I cannot have half a bolt for example. I cannot have half a nut unless its the edible kind. I like to think in terms of units of length, area and volume. I did have one case where one of our sites was making wafers and 1 wafer would make 30 chips for example. The solution was not to treat the wafer as an each but rather a area unit.

For example:

qt.value=quarts
qt.shortDescription=quart volume
qt.order=710
qt.selectable=false

ref.value=reference
ref.shortDescription=reference state
ref.order=25

rl.value=rolls
rl.shortDescription=roll unit
rl.order=39
rl.selectable=false

Instructions are detailed here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS32653?source=search

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, each has to be positive integers. If you want to create another unit of measure you need to edit the wt.part.QuantityUnitRB Resource Bundle to add in your new entry. You only need to add your new entry any the process of recompiling will merge them in. Careful with your desired intent with downstream systems like ERP systems. They also might have the same restriction on each. Adding what you are describing will technically be another unit of measure and not equivalent.  Each should be used for parts that are not sub-dividable. I cannot have half a bolt for example. I cannot have half a nut unless its the edible kind. I like to think in terms of units of length, area and volume. I did have one case where one of our sites was making wafers and 1 wafer would make 30 chips for example. The solution was not to treat the wafer as an each but rather a area unit.

For example:

qt.value=quarts
qt.shortDescription=quart volume
qt.order=710
qt.selectable=false

ref.value=reference
ref.shortDescription=reference state
ref.order=25

rl.value=rolls
rl.shortDescription=roll unit
rl.order=39
rl.selectable=false

Instructions are detailed here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS32653?source=search

Thank you for quick response . It worked for me 

Top Tags