cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Is it possible to create a user-defined type which can have parent-child structure?

TS_10782016
4-Participant

Is it possible to create a user-defined type which can have parent-child structure?

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to define a new subtype of WTDocument which can have both WTPart and WTDocument as its child? Something like a parent WTDocument Order A, and it has child Order A-1, Order A-2, which both contain a series of WTParts.

I'm using Windchill 12.1

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TS_10782016 

All useful info is on a PTC Knowledge base

CS156972 - Windchill PLM - Configurable Links

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:TS_10782016)

Hi,

I would fulfil your requirement by

a. Define that subtype of WTDocument , say WTDOCA

b. using "Configurable Links", I would define a new type of Link called "Order Info", This will come as a tab in WT Doc and WTPart.

c. Define Relationship constraint saying that WTDOCA can have child type WTDOCA and WTPart

It is also possible to edit the OOTB WTDocument's relationship constraint to achieve the steps b and c above, However I would refrain from playing around the OOTB relationships.

Best Regards

Hari

TS_10782016
4-Participant
(To:Hari_Vara)

Hi Hari,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please tell me how to define new Configurable Links? I only found this document, but there is no information about creation of Configurable Links.

Using Configurable Links (ptc.com)

Thank you!

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:TS_10782016)

Hi,

Please check in "Windchill Customizer's guide".

Hi @TS_10782016 

All useful info is on a PTC Knowledge base

CS156972 - Windchill PLM - Configurable Links

PetrH

Top Tags