cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Is there any possibility to create custom methods in custom email template for notification robot?

TDT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Is there any possibility to create custom methods in custom email template for notification robot?

I need to have custom method in email template which displays the information related to the Object.

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:TDT)

Hi @TDT 

It is easier to write own code to send a email with your specific information.

or

What does the method should do ? Because if you need to just get information from windchill, then you can write the information to a workflow variable and then use the variable in the email template html 

getActivityVariable varName="<Variable Name>"

getProcessVariable varName="< Variable Name >"

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill>
<!--
getProcessVariable varName="< Variable Name >"
-->
</SCRIPT>

PetrH

TDT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr,

Thank You for the response.

My idea is to add a new method either in custom template or OOTB template i.e. NotificationRobot.html.

All the methods defined in  NotificationRobot.html is using OOTB class NotificationRobotProcessor which is registered in service.properties.xconf.

I have extended the OOTB class and implemented a new method X and registered in .xconf file.

But I am getting an error that there is no method X.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:TDT)

Hi @TDT 

Yes the registration can be in the xconf, but has been the change propagated to the service.properties?

btw I usually use simple way to achieve what I need. 

There can be some another place where the methods are described what you can use in the html notification file. 

PS> my experience is that if I wanted to reuse and rewrite OOTB function/method it cased more troubles. In the end I wrote own function.

PetrH

Top Tags