cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Menu Actions > New > New Change Request hidden by validator

leoffabris
6-Contributor

Menu Actions > New > New Change Request hidden by validator

Hello everyone!

In my test virtual machine with WDC11, when I create a PCR the menu Actions > New > New Change Request does not appear. So I turned on the jcaDebug and the the option is there, but with a message:

hidden by validator

Can anyone help me solve this? Is this something about policy? Role? Preference?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To possibly see what the validator is doing, I would turn on DEBUG logging for it and watch the MethodServer log. The System Status page has links to turn on logging and adjust levels. You need the class of the specific validator in image 2 above. See what it does when you invoke it again.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Looks like you were trying to create a change request on another change request. I didn't think that was possible but that is what you were trying to do, I would check your business rules for change associations. Again, I would expect this to be missing since creating a change request from a change request is not standard OOTB setup.

Yes, i'm trying to create a new change request from another to use and test the Propagate Information function. This is the only way I've found to use this checkbox. I'll try!

That check box exists when you create a new change notice from a change request. That is the normal flow. Again, you sure you mean to create a new change request linked to another change request?

Yes! Here we need to create, in some cases, new Change Request from another Change Request, but, with diferent type. The first object is Change Request PCR and the new is Change Request Study. The Study needs to receive all the information from the PCR.

I've exported the rules from production (where this is working) and imported in my VM and nothing changes...

In our case, the Study and PCR are custom objects from the change request

To possibly see what the validator is doing, I would turn on DEBUG logging for it and watch the MethodServer log. The System Status page has links to turn on logging and adjust levels. You need the class of the specific validator in image 2 above. See what it does when you invoke it again.

Thanks! I've found on production the validators for change2 is disabled. They are not in the list to increase the debug level.

I'm thinking to disable the validator... any idea?

Just because they are not listed does not mean they are disabled. How did you validate that they are disabled? You can simply paste in the path and classname to set to DEBUG even if not listed.

I've beem working on some other implementations and now I'm fully back to this.

About the permission of validator, I made a custom validator class to bypass this (just for tests only).

But now... how can I get the Change Request parent object in javascript when I click on Propagate Checkbox?

I'm thinkin' on another way to fix the issue here...

Top Tags