cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Rename action is disabled

Pushpak
9-Granite

Rename action is disabled

Hi All,

With the same license and groups I can able to see Rename action in WC11 but In WC12 Rename action is disabled with same configuration anything needs to be done?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Pushpak)

Hi @Pushpak 

Check the license group if there is not disabled profile with old license

Next try to .reset profile settings on the context 

HelesicPetr_0-1682423111672.png

Very often after a upgrade to wch 12+ there is necessary to rearranged the licensees because some are not used anymore for example PDMLink license and so on...

PetrH

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Pushpak 

Check the license group if there is not disabled profile with old license

Next try to .reset profile settings on the context 

HelesicPetr_0-1682423111672.png

Very often after a upgrade to wch 12+ there is necessary to rearranged the licensees because some are not used anymore for example PDMLink license and so on...

PetrH

As Petr mentioned it sounds like a profile. You may want to check your profiles to make sure the rename action is visible

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS61251

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/r12.1.2.0/pt_BR/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/profilemgmt/ProfileMgmtProfileEdit.html

I have encountered similar issues while upgrading to wc11.1 and wc12.0. Sometimes there is a funny issue with the std or license profiles that blocks or prevents access to actions. I have seen Set State, Rename and access to view the Supplier list in the past. For each item, I was able to work with PTC TS to get an updated profile XML to load that cured the issue.

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

This action is getting hidden. I can able to see in jcaDebug it is saying "Hidden by : Role Based Check"

Please find below attachment.

Pushpak_0-1682495243794.png

Thanks.

Pushpak
9-Granite

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

Could you please tell why it is hidden?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Pushpak 

Role base check is checking the license profile, if the action is enabled. 

Usually specific check box is not checked for the action.

Check following article: CS362351

PetrH

Top Tags