cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Timer Robot omit weekends and holidays?

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Timer Robot omit weekends and holidays?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it possible to set a workflow timer robot to omit weekends and holidays?

We have an external process that happens within one business day. We'd like to set a timer to advance the workflow to the next task after a business day.

I have a slight recollection of some wt.properties to specify the working days to update the Site calendar. Are workflows looking at the Site calendar to determine 'work days'?

3 REPLIES 3

Vaughn,

I am not sure if workflow robots can be configured to ignore weekends or holiday. However you can below solution by editing workflow

1. After timer robot add one expression to check today is weekend or holiday

2. If its holiday then add delay one day.

3. If it’s not holiday then follow next workflow path

WFTimer.jpg

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks

Shryeas

Great idea!

Anyone have an expression to check if today is a weekend or holiday?

I don't have a Holidays solution yet.

For the weekends I'm using this expression:

java.util.Calendar c = java.util.Calendar.getInstance();

java.text.DateFormat df = new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("EEE dd/MM/yyyy");

int dayOfWeek = c.get(java.util.Calendar.DAY_OF_WEEK);

if (dayOfWeek == 6) { // If it's Friday 72 hour timer

result="72hour";System.out.println("It is  day of the week number " + dayOfWeek +" - 72 Hour timer");

} else if (dayOfWeek ==7) { // If it's Saturday 48 hour timer

result="48hour";System.out.println("It is  day of the week number " + dayOfWeek +" - 48 Hour timer");

} else {

result="24hour";System.out.println("It is  day of the week number " + dayOfWeek +"  - 24 Hour timer");

}

Top Tags