cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

eMail Multi level BOM and Multilevel Component list through UI

Vaibhav_Thakare
5-Regular Member

eMail Multi level BOM and Multilevel Component list through UI

How can I customize below two functionality and I should be able to send email to users which i want (Able to select hardcoded recipient in UI or can be able to add manually if user is not available in hardcoded list).

1) Multi-level BOM report

2)Multi-level Component list report

For Above two requirement kindly find attachement.

Thank you in advance for your comment/suggestion/reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Vaibhav_Thakare 

General process is:

1.. Create a new Action

2. Create Wizard with inputs

3. Create processor that is run when the wizard is completed

3.1. In the processor (custom class) create your BOM report as you need. 

3.2 Create output for the report (csv,XML, XLSx what ever)

3.3 create an email and attach the output to the email --> send. 

4. Test the new action.

Windchill Client Architecture Wizard

Wizard Processing

PetrH

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Export as Excel and send it by outlook mail.

What is the use case behind this? Any export is 1 second later not accurate anymore. Wouldn't it make any more sense to send the user a page url from the "Quick Links" to the part itself?

We already suggested the same to client. I agreed with your point but client want this functionality.

Hi @Vaibhav_Thakare 

If client wants, then offer a customization that the client will pay the additional work.

PetrH 

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hey all,

In general, this will be come under the category of "License & Cost Optimization", but PLM champions in a company tend to lose such battles with the bean counters. However, later in the years, a consultant will tell the company on why PLM access is better.

Access to PLM is the best practice, it comes with a cost but the data integrity is intact and highly dependable information.

These customizations are small worms that will manifest itself into a bigger worm as years go by, then there will be a "decustomization project".

Apologies, I could not reply this thread technically. But I might make sense if we recall our experiences on these unwanted customizations.

Best Regards

Hari

Hi @Hari_Vara 

I understand your concern that the de-customization could be complicated but 

and yes that is a reason why some companies are still on the Windchill 8.0 😄

if PTC does not provide that function, you does not have any option. 

PetrH

Client is ready to pay for this. But how I can develop this functionality in less time, so for that reason i thought to check on PTC community.

Hi @Vaibhav_Thakare 

General process is:

1.. Create a new Action

2. Create Wizard with inputs

3. Create processor that is run when the wizard is completed

3.1. In the processor (custom class) create your BOM report as you need. 

3.2 Create output for the report (csv,XML, XLSx what ever)

3.3 create an email and attach the output to the email --> send. 

4. Test the new action.

Windchill Client Architecture Wizard

Wizard Processing

PetrH

In case of document PTC provided email document option as an OOTB functionality.

In this functionality user is able to select recipients as per his need, User is able to add subject and mail body as well.

But my client requirement is similar to like this, they want in case of BOM/Part list. 

Kindly find attached picture as a reference.

You need to also add to your requirements a solid configuration specification (filter). Those reports will be influenced by that configuration specification. In addition, they need to also specify the view for the component table that they want. All of those will be inputs to the report execution you need to consider. Also, the action of email document handles the email generation part. Attaching a file is trivial. I would start with an action that simply writes the report output to a file (Excel?). Next piece would be a email action that allows you to pick non-users. Then its stringing all together. Another suggestion is to do it manually in front of the client to capture requirements. When you generate the reports currently and save to Excel, ask if this exact format is acceptable. 

Hi @avillanueva 

Also you can jump over the filter definition and crate the action in the multilevel BOM report result page.

So the report result is based on the structure filter and the processor cares just to email the results to the recipients. 

HelesicPetr_0-1704371269996.png

PetrH 

Not works, tried this.

Thank you

Top Tags