cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

security label download confirmation window rich text

rleir
17-Peridot

security label download confirmation window rich text

Team

I am configuring Security Labels.  For the download confirmation popup ("You are downloading sensitive XYZZY information, please confirm'), I have been asked to make some of the words red.  Can you use Rich Text in the message, similar to description fields elsewhere?

I have tried using a Spring Boot color code "${AnsiColor.RED}" but it does not work.  Perhaps a "<span>" tag with some css?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
icelynnin
10-Marble
(To:rleir)

Good question- this doesn't seem to be possible when the text is stored in the resource bundles at the very least.

It looks like from 12.1.1 and later that you can move your Download Acknowledgement text into 'Text Tailoring'.

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/customization/TypeMgrManageTextTailoringAbout.html

Simply use the resource bundle key name as the text tailoring key, and then you can store your string and comment alongside from the front end UI rather than backend customisation.

I don't know if this improves the string functionality to be rich text, but from my testing in WC11.1, the download acknowledgement string stored in .rbinfo files was not able to be richly decorated e.g. with colour.

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:icelynnin)

Thanks for mentioning that. 

Where is the 'Text Tailoring' utility?

I have just spent more than a few minutes trying to find it.  It's not in site-> utilities. Oh, now I see it is new to 12.1. We are still on 12.0

Top Tags