cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Behaviour of drag'n'drop between relationship-fields

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Behaviour of drag'n'drop between relationship-fields

Hi all,

our users wants to have some kind of planning-feature in Integrity Manager. They want to have a "wishlist" in a release-planning-item, and the person who is responsible for the planning should look at these "wishlist" and he has to decide if these wishes could be fulfilled or not.

So we would like to give them two relationship-fields in the planning-item. One of these fields should be the wishlist, and every user can add his own items into this relationship-field, and the owner of the planning item could look at these list of items, which should be planned for a release or not. The responsible person now can look at these items and if he decides to get one of these items into the release-plan, he should drag'n'drop this item from the wishlist to the second relationship-field, which is the release-list.

Now it seems that a drag'n'drop-action is starting per default a copy instead of a move of the dragged item. Is this behaviour configurable in any way?

Thanks, Jens

5 REPLIES 5
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:JensN.)

HI Jens,

in the relationship view this works just like you expect it.

Using the Item edit dialog your might try the ALT or SHIFT or CTRL keys and see if that makes a difference

HTH Matthias

skamaraj
11-Garnet

Hello Jens-Uwe Nixdorf‌,

1. Simple drag and drop is just like moving the item from one location to another. This is as similar to moving an member from one sub project to another.
  2. Pressing "CTRL" and drag and drop will helps to copy the selected item to destination location (new item will be created with significant fields copied to it).
  3. Pressing "ALT" and drag and drop will helps to create the traceability. Which means relationship shall be established.

This is how its differentiated. Have a note that the move and copy will work for the same domain of document. It will not work on across domains.

Regards,

Sathish

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Hi Matthias, Hi Sathish,

thanks for your answers. Unfortunately nothing of your described actions makes a difference.

• In the relationship-view: every dragging action is a copy, no matter if i use "CTRL" or "ALT" or "SHIFT".
  • in the item-window: If I try to drag an entry from one relationship-field to another relationship-field it's the same. No matter if the item is in edit mode or not. And also no matter if i'm using additional keys like "CTRL".

The only difference when i'm using some additional keys is that a small tooltip is popping up over the dragged item with a plus-sign or an empty sign. But the result is always the same, the dragged item is present in both relationship-fields.

But since both of you are saying thats not the case at your Integrity (we're using 10.7) it seems that it is a configurable behaviour, but i didnt see any hint about this in the documentation so far...

kind regards, Jens

skamaraj
11-Garnet

Hello Jens-Uwe Nixdorf‌,

I tried with 10.3 and 10.6 version of Integrity. I have no idea over this.

I think you could contact PTC support regarding this, because the drag and drop in the relationship field should establish the relation and should not perform copy functionality.

Could you update me how the behavior is handled in case of "drag and drop" between two "Documents"? May be "Requirement" and "Test/Input" domain?

If the "drag and drop" is not worked as I explained in my previous mail in case of documents, then it needs to be notified to PTC support, to obtain some valid reason behind this different behavior.

Regards,

Sathish

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:skamaraj)

Hi Sathish,

since we didnt use (yet) documents, but only items, i cannot tell you about the drag'n'drop behaviour with documents. I will open a case at our support for this and will give some info in this thread as soon as i get this info.

regards, Jens

Top Tags