cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values for integrating DNG with OSLC using Windchill Modeler.

AarushiS
6-Contributor

Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values for integrating DNG with OSLC using Windchill Modeler.

Hi,

I have few queries regarding integration of IBM DNG with OSLC. Kindly suggest me what needs to be done here,

1. For the first time when I tried to integrate IBM DNG with OSLC in Windchill Modeler using the below steps- 

1. Launch Modeler and open a model.
  2. Select the OSLC browser.
  3. Right-click on the OSLC Servers node and select Add Server…
  4. Select the DOORS NG OSLC Server option from the Type drop down menu.
  5. Enter the URL for the remote system's OSLC Provider Service. For example: https://doors1.com:8442/rm
  6. Enter a Name for the new server.
  7. Optionally enter a Description for the new server.
  8. Click OK.
  9. A dialog appears prompting you to enter suitable values for the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret for that DOORS Next Generation server.

These values need to be set just once, the first time you access an OSLC Server. The values should be obtained from your DOORS Next Generation System Administrator.

10. A login dialog for DOORS Next Generation appears. Enter a valid username and password for that DOORS Next Generation server.
  11. Confirm that the server has now been added and is visible in the OSLC browser.

2. I have followed everything correctly till the 8th step, and a dialog appears prompting asking for Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values. Here I accidentally gave different values.

3. Then the next step prompted username and password details for DOORS Next Generation, here now I am prompted an error for 401: unauthorized due to wrong Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values. So my question is how I can revert the steps or how can I access the file or place where the Consumer Key and Secret have been stored. 

4. I have gone through the Windows Credential Manager as well but couldn't find any credential stored as DNG OSLC creds.

5. I have tried removing and adding the Basic Auth for DOORS NG OSLC Server following the below step, but still I am not getting the pop-up to Consumer Key and Consumer Secret again-

1. File method: Create a blank file named EnableBasicAuth_DOORSNG.txt in the C:\ProgramData\PTC Integrity Modeler\ModelerATFiles folder.

I am using Windchill Modeler's 10.0 version and IBM DNG's 6.0.2 version.

Kindly let me know if anyone has an idea on this or have faced a similar issue like this before.

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

So the cause of the issue is entering incorrect values for Consumer Key/Secret. These are required by IBM DOORS as a security measure, so it would not be wise for Modeler to allow access to DOORS data via OSLC unless the Modeler user enters those values correctly. 

Re-check Credential Manager, as the values you entered must be there under Windows Credentials (unless there is some IT restriction in your company that has locked access to Credential Manager. I've not see this before, but I assume it's possible.) Feel free to message me a screenshot if you can't find. 

When you find the credentials, remove them and then try to add the DOORS OSLC Server again. Make sure you enter the credentials correctly, as well as the username/pw.

Another thing to check is the network. Confirm that you can connect to DOORS using a normal web browser from the same machine Modeler is installed on. Modeler OSLC requires an HTTPS connection between the tools, so this is an easy way to check the network connectivity.

Good luck!

Patrick

Top Tags