cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Delete large requirment line item

VR_10696444
6-Contributor

Delete large requirment line item

Hello All,

I am using PTC RV&S 13.2 and sometimes the tool gives me option to delete large sum of data and sometimes not. 

My use case is after i branch a requirement document, i filter the requirements that i do not want in the new branched document. After applying the appropriate filter, i select all items and see that the delete option is disabled. 

I am able to delete one requirement at a time. but it is not efficient when there are more than 100 to 500 line items. 

Under view -> option->editng-> operations mode : i have tried selecting all the 3 modes and still sometimes i get the delete option and sometimes not. 

5 REPLIES 5

Are there any nodes that are in a non-editable state?

Depending on the settings, the category can also be a problem. Sometimes it is not possible to delete several nodes if there is a "description" underneath them.

VR_10696444
6-Contributor
(To:amund)

When there are about a 100 line items,  is there a way to see what is editable and what is not ?

how can i see this ?

This is difficult to say from a distance, as it depends on a number of factors and we do not know your solution.
For example, does your solution have one or more node states in which the node is read-only? Then you could filter for that.

Hello,

Have you referred to the documentation around this topic - you can find it here.

If you still see the discrepancy you have referred to, please file a support case.

Thanks

Kartik

VR_10696444
6-Contributor
(To:KartikOak)

Hello,

The content you have shared is very generic. 

The issue is that the delete option under content is disabled. 

I want to know under what conditions can this be enabled and how can i work on my use case of deleting multiple selection of requirements in a document. 

Regards,

Vishwas

Top Tags