cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Generate HTML Report with historical Comparison

mkocur
1-Newbie

Generate HTML Report with historical Comparison

Hello, i want to change the report style of a document. It's possible to compare two document versionw of different dates to see the executed changes. The HTML output report shows the whole document included the changes made between these dates. The variation is colored green. I only want to have all changed fields but not the complete document. Do somebody know how i can realise it? I tried queries and different report styles but unfortunately with no succes.

reportChoose.PNGchange.PNG

In this example, the right picture should just show the first row not the unchanged fields, too.

Thank you for answers

Mart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mart,

i've worked with reports before and have to agree with Matthias an Kael. One way would be to use Javascript inside your report recipe.

I had a quick lock at a report and i am not sure how to best identify the content you want to keep. You could maybe check if the triangle image is in a line and if not (no historical changes) hide that line. But this way, the content would still be inside the report, only hidden. You could also try removing content with javascript but the results depend on what you want to do with the generated report. Especially IE is hard to work with if you want to save your report.

If you want to check the content before written it to the document, you could use a jsp (java server page) utilizing the api. But building this solution would be much more elaborate.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:mkocur)

Hi Mart,

What version of Integrity are you using?  We made some document differencing changes for Integrity 10.8, which is supposed to solve some of this, only showing changes.  You may want to look at that.

Alternatively, I know our PTC services/solutions folks, in the field, have managed to come up with some of their own work-around solutions, to do this, so you may want to engage our PTC solutions folks on this.

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your answer. Im using Integrity 10.6. Ok but I'm not sure if i have the permission to update Integrity. How can i contact the PTC solution folks?

Thank you

Martin

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Mart,

as far as I understand, you want to the detailed differences for a single node, right?

The General Approach on differnce Reports is:

1. design a report recipe, containing your fields of interest and create a Report for that recipe

2. Menu > Item > Historical > Run Report as of...

3. Choose your new Report and two dates

4. Integrity will create a Report that contains the known RED/GREEN highlighting only for the fields that changed.

HTH Matthias

mkocur
1-Newbie
(To:mrump)

First of all thank you very much for your answer!

Unfortunately i want the differences of the complete document not just the single node. So the HTML output should just show the changes of the document between two dates. The unchanged fields should not appear. I tried your method with different reports but unfortunately the unchanged fields appear, too. Do you know another approach maybe?

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello mkocur,

I'm not aware of something quite like what you're describing having been implemented by anyone up to now.  If you'd like, you can private message me, and I can see about having your Account Manager contact you to work out if a Global Services engagement could resolve this for you.  To message me, hover the mouse over my image to the left, and select message in the popup.

Alternatively, if you're comfortable with HTML and general logic, you could follow the process Matthias described, but customizing the recipe further with JavaScript.

I suspect the reason you're not getting the answer you're looking for is because it hasn't yet been implemented.  While Integrity Lifecycle Manager is quite customizable, some of the possible customizations can be a little challenging to implement.

Regards,

-Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hello Kael ,

Thank you for your response!

I'm trying to solve the problem with javascript now but it's a bit tricky. I get the complete code of the HTML report. I'm trying modify the code to get a nice result. It would be great to get the whole code of the "Compare as to date" function of Integrity but i think it's not possible. I will go on and hope that I manage to solve the problem on my own. Well thanks again for your help! If you have an idea for solving this issue by coding i would appreciate every hint.

Best regards,

Martin

Hello Mart,

i've worked with reports before and have to agree with Matthias an Kael. One way would be to use Javascript inside your report recipe.

I had a quick lock at a report and i am not sure how to best identify the content you want to keep. You could maybe check if the triangle image is in a line and if not (no historical changes) hide that line. But this way, the content would still be inside the report, only hidden. You could also try removing content with javascript but the results depend on what you want to do with the generated report. Especially IE is hard to work with if you want to save your report.

If you want to check the content before written it to the document, you could use a jsp (java server page) utilizing the api. But building this solution would be much more elaborate.

Hello Dominik,

Thank you for your hint. I got the html code of my report and will try to check if the triangle is in a line.

The next step is to export the report. But first I'm gonna try your idea.

Thank you very much!

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:dthierjung)

I concur with Dominik Thierjung‌.

I suspect you know more than me on the details of this at this point.

As a tangent, I would add one thing:  from what I have seen, sometimes after Globe Services implements requests similar to this, they are asked to provide functionality to be able to somehow toggle between the full content of the report and only the differences.  From what I've seen in these cases, they have a checkbox at the start of the script, and the view is determined based on the state fo that checkbox.

If you could also mark which answers were helpful to you (at the bottom of the relevant post(s) select Actions --> Mark as Helpful), and which answer resolved this issue (Correct Answer), that would be appreciated.  If you were able to share a version of the solving script, that would certainly qualify as the correct answer.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags