cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How do I add a link from 1 Integrity 10 document to another? I want to link a technical specification document (not an item) to a section in an SRS

tbrownii
1-Newbie

How do I add a link from 1 Integrity 10 document to another? I want to link a technical specification document (not an item) to a section in an SRS

We write brief SRS documents for tracability.  We also can write detailed technical documents.  The problem is that the technical document has no visibility and is lost over time.  It would be very helpful to link the entire document to the heading of the SRS section

2 REPLIES 2

You can add relationship fields to nodes that aren't traces. Then you'd be able to add the document to the relationship field on that node. It just wouldn't be an "alt + drag and drop" kind of thing. You could do the same thing at the segment level if needed. Hope that helps.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:tbrownii)

Hello Thomas Brown II,

This is not quite what you were asking for, but you can also insert documents into other documents, although most solutions are configured to only allow this to be done with documents of the same type.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags