cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

I have a confusing message when it come to Change Package

schinnaswamy
1-Newbie

I have a confusing message when it come to Change Package

If i open a task item and then CP tab I see the entry count to be 4, but when you open the CP itself you will see only 3 entries there and user did not do anything extra or deleted anything in CP. With reference to Kale's Email, I am publishing the steps to reproduce. But what I ask is this not confusing to user community, why can’t PTC add one more column in CP tab of Task showing IM count is this 3, and SI count is this 4.

*Note Below content steps to reproduce is from Kael Lizak*

Here are steps on how others have reproduced this issue, although there are other ways which achieve similar results.

1. Create a change package related to an Integrity Manager item.
  2. Add a Source member to a project by using the change package you created at Step 1.
  3. Rename the Source member you added at Step 2.
  4. Execute the following CLI commands and confirm the results.

• im viewcp --attributes=Entries <ChancePackageID>
  • si viewcp <ChancePackageID>

Result:  The count of entries is different between Integrity Manager and Source Integrity views of the change package's entries.  Using ChancePackageID=123:1 for this example (emphasis mine):

im viewcp --attributes=Entries 123:1  ... Entry count is 3.

Entries:

Committed Add document1.txt     1.1 /test/project.pj   <timestamp> /test/document1.txt     kvmcentos 10006

Committed RenameFrom      document1.txt 1.2     /test/project.pj   <timestamp> /test/document1.txt     kvmcentos 10006 

Committed RenameTo        document1_rename1 1.2     /test/project.pj   <timestamp> /test/document1.txt     kvmcentos 10006

and

si viewcp 123:1 ...Entry count is 2.

123:1 summary

kladmin Jan 1, 2014 12:34:56 PM Open    Development

Propagated:

Propagated By:

Add document1.txt   1.1     /test/project.pj

Rename document1_rename1 (document1.txt) 1.2     /test/project.pj

Hi All, tell me how this sounds is it the same in your company, do you see it. or do you think there is some configuration I can do to reduce or eradicate the confusion. I am using 10.5 integrity and found this!!!

Regards

Sreedhar

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags