cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is there a way to restore a document from its current contents to what it had at a specific time in the past? I know I can see it, but can I actually revert to it as the currently active version?

jclement
3-Visitor

Is there a way to restore a document from its current contents to what it had at a specific time in the past? I know I can see it, but can I actually revert to it as the currently active version?

Is there a way to revert a document from its current contents back to what it had at a specific time in the past?  I know I can see it, but can I actually revert to it?

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

One option would be to export the old doc version as IIF and re-import the doc then as current. If the mapping is done correctly, all values should be restored incl. Traces etc.

Perhaps there are more options, but this just comes into my mind.

For IIF export and import you use the Gateway.

Regards

That should work, I should have thought of that.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

You may also want to vote on this Integrity product idea;

Restoring an item/document in Integrity Requiremen... - PTC Community

...to add your voice to it. Sounds like parts of what is being requested there, would also line up with what you want.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:jclement)

Hi Jeff Clement‌,

Another option is to branch the document as of that earlier time.  It would require you to update your references to point to the new 'branch', though.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi Kael,

That is our original plan, but we were hoping for something that didn't require having to redo the references.  We will probably go with that.

Thanks,

Jeff

Top Tags