cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Noticed a difference between si mods and the project differences view in the client gui

apfau
1-Newbie

Noticed a difference between si mods and the project differences view in the client gui

Hi.

I'm experimenting with the si CLI command and stumbled upon a difference in th output of this command and the respective project difference view in the client gui.

I was using this command:

>si mods --recurse -Y --project=/work/products/whatever/shared/ClockLib/posix/project.pj --projectRevision=1.169.1.3 --projectRevision=1.161 --showAppliedCPList --showChangePackages

This command comes back empty.

The GUI however does indeed show a difference for this subproject and these checkpoints. It says:

/work/products/whatever/shared/ClockLib/posix/project.pj     Subproject changed from checkpoint 1.161 to checkpoint 1.169.1.3

tmLib.c                                                       Member revision changed from 1.10 to 1.10.1.1

Possible peculiarities:

- The subproject in question is a shared subproject. The gui shows the target path: /work/products/whatever/shared/ClockLib/posix/project.pj

While the source path would be /work/shared/something/ClockLib/posix/project.pj

The output of si mods is empty, no matter which path I use, though.

- The checkpoints in question are not on the same branch

Why is this difference not shown by using the CLI command?

Additionally, when I try to show the differences of the projects several levels higher, the si mods command will not even get the right resulting checkpoint of the subproject in question.

I was using this command:

>si mods --recurse -Y --project=/work/products/whatever/project.pj --projectRevision=1.59.1.4 --projectRevision=1.59 --showAppliedCPList --showChangePackages

As stated above, the gui shows the correct values: Subproject changed from checkpoint 1.161 to checkpoint 1.169.1.3

The si mods command however comes back with Subproject checkpoint changed: /work/products/whatever/shared/ClockLib/posix/project.pj from 1.161 to 1.171

How comes si mods gets lost in the project tree and takes the wrong branch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kthierer
11-Garnet
(To:apfau)

I also noticed the behaviour with the command coming back empty.

While playing around having the CLI-Reference-Guide (10.4) at hand,

I found out that  at least for this command --projectrevision=1.2 and -r 1.2 have different effects.

Yout might try

>si mods --recurse -Y --project=/work/products/whatever/project.pj -r 1.59.1.4 -r 1.59 --showAppliedCPList --showChangePackages

for your case.

It seems that si mods expects the project revision information(s) beeing supplied by -r (maybe also --revision?).

I just wonder what --projectRevision=XX means for this command and in general.

(While searching --projectRevision in the Reference guide I got a little confused )

HTH Jürgen

BTW: If you dont want to depend on the magic of si mods

>si viewproject --recurse --project=/.../project.pj --projectRevision=1.169.1.3 > pj_1_169_1_3.txt

>si viewproject --recurse --project=/.../project.pj --projectRevision=1.161 > pj_1_161.txt

>si difffiles --gui pj_1_169_1_3.txt pj_1_161.txt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kthierer
11-Garnet
(To:apfau)

I also noticed the behaviour with the command coming back empty.

While playing around having the CLI-Reference-Guide (10.4) at hand,

I found out that  at least for this command --projectrevision=1.2 and -r 1.2 have different effects.

Yout might try

>si mods --recurse -Y --project=/work/products/whatever/project.pj -r 1.59.1.4 -r 1.59 --showAppliedCPList --showChangePackages

for your case.

It seems that si mods expects the project revision information(s) beeing supplied by -r (maybe also --revision?).

I just wonder what --projectRevision=XX means for this command and in general.

(While searching --projectRevision in the Reference guide I got a little confused )

HTH Jürgen

BTW: If you dont want to depend on the magic of si mods

>si viewproject --recurse --project=/.../project.pj --projectRevision=1.169.1.3 > pj_1_169_1_3.txt

>si viewproject --recurse --project=/.../project.pj --projectRevision=1.161 > pj_1_161.txt

>si difffiles --gui pj_1_169_1_3.txt pj_1_161.txt

apfau
1-Newbie
(To:kthierer)

I can confirm the different behaviour of --projectrevision and -r.

So far the output with -r looks more realistic compared to the gui than with --projectrevision. I will check that thoroughly.

And regarding your btw.: Unfortunately, this will become part of a bigger automation project, so I can't fall back to the gui for diffs.

Top Tags