cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Restore an item from a prevoius version

blercher
4-Participant

Restore an item from a prevoius version

Hi everyone,

it is possible to restore an item from an prevoius version seen in its history , e.g. from a certain date in the past?

My solution was to branch the item. Is there any other way?

Thanks in advanced

6 REPLIES 6
tdalon
4-Participant
(To:blercher)

Hello

See the "Revert member" feature. but I am not sure if it is without creating a branch.

Practically if I have to do so without wanting a branch, I get the older revision and overwrite/check-it in over head revision to revert manually.

To get an older revision:

you can make a checkout or better a projectco if you don't have a sandbox with as option the revision you want.

See discussion http://communities.ptc.com/message/251245#251245

HTH

Thierry

ASailer
5-Regular Member

Hello Bernd,

Please tell me if I'm wrong but in my opinion you are talking about an artefact of workflow and documents and not about a member in the configuration management. If so I guess you should use "Document -> Historical -> View As of..." to get the document content at a specific time stamp.

HTH

Alexander Sailer

blercher
4-Participant

Hi Thierry and Alexander,

yes I am talking about an artefact of workflow and documents, e.g. a testcase item in a testsuite document.

I am very new in Integrity so sorry for some imprecise wording.

In the special case I have a testcase and I would use an older version of it. This testcase is part of a testsuite.

I wasn't able to "replace" the actual testcase with the older one without branching the whole testsuite dokument.

Ok with "Document -> Historical -> View As of..." I get a view from a certain date (for example), but i need more than a view, i need a copy of this document in this version to work with it (make traces to requirements)

Hope I could explain the challenge

thanks a lot

Bernd

ASailer
5-Regular Member

Hello Bernd,

I'm not a very beginner but also new to the test domain.

IIRC the are teo ways to do this.

1.) Create a branch of your document and work in this branch. This means you should make a copy of your document and force the whole doc to go into the branch.

2.) Create a branch but do not force all content of the document to branch immediately. In this case you could branch foremost if you change the item in other direction than the trunk of the document.

HTH

Alexander

Hello Bernd,

Unfortunately the way Alexander describes is the way to accomplish this with current functionality. There is an existing RFC requesting the ability to perform a revert based on activities in history and make those contents the current values on the item. See Article CS91915 found in our knowledgebase.

blercher
4-Participant

Hi Joseph,

thanks for your answer. The functionaliuty described in article CS91915 is just what I'm looking for.

My workaround at the moment is to branch documents, thx to Alexander.

Top Tags