cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Silent uninstall without computer restart

odiop-2
7-Bedrock

Silent uninstall without computer restart

Hello,

is there a way to avoid the computer to automatically restart using the silent uninstall on Integrity 11.1. The restart happens only if the client was installed using silent install.

Regards

Oumar

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Oumar,

I have looked into this by testing the behavior you had mentioned.

Unfortunately, I was not able to duplicate this issue on a Windows machine. My procedure for this was:

1) Install the Integrity 11.1 Client silently

2) Verify the Client install by using the Client

3) Shutdown the machine the Client was installed on

4) Uninstall the Client silently

I did not notice a restart after the Client uninstall.

I did however find a previous case where a customer was seeing a restart occur when they installed the Client silently and then uninstalled it silently without any shutdown between the install-uninstall.

Can you verify which procedure you are seeing this behavior with? Are you performing a restart or shutdown operation between the install and uninstall? Furthermore, which Operating System are you seeing this behavior on?

Thank you,

Tyler Misner

Integrity Technical Support Engineer

odiop-2
7-Bedrock
(To:tmisner)

Hello Tyler,

I’m using Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

My procedure was:

1. Install the Integrity 11.1 Client silently
  2. Verify the Client install by using the Client
  3. Uninstall the Client silently (IntegrityClientUninstall.exe)
  4. Start uninstalling the client and then automatically restart without asking the user
  5. This behavior occur only when uninstalling the 11.1 and not when uninstalling the 10.6 client

If you install the client manually, you can uninstall it without computer restart.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / with best regards /最真挚的问候

Oumar Diop 迪奥普

Top Tags