cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Text disappears from Long Text fields in Windchill RV&S

VM_10210769
5-Regular Member

Text disappears from Long Text fields in Windchill RV&S

We came across a strange issue in Windchill RV&S related to Long Text fields.

Multiple users reported that the text entered in rich text fields disappear after saving the item. I got a chance to investigate on one of the items with this issue and I had following observations.

1. Changes to the field values are visible in history tab but empty on the field.

2. When I edit the item and save it without making any changes, all the values are visible again.

Steps to Reproduce [I am not lucky to reproduce it yet]:

We have an item type with multiple tabs. 

Users enter values for multiple rich text fields in tab 2, navigate to tab 1 and save it. Now all the values entered for rich text fields in tab 2 are gone and it is empty.

The tricky part is this issue is not consistent.

Does anyone have come across this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Vikram,

Have you filed a case with PTC Tech Support on this issue? Or not because it isn't reproducible?

What software version are you using, and which interface is this issue reproducible on?

Thanks

Karitk

VM_10210769
5-Regular Member
(To:KartikOak)

Hi Kartik,

Yes I did open a PTC case 16926263 and the support team is working on it but as I mentioned it is not reproduceable for them too so I just posted this question to know if anyone has faced this issue before 🙂

We are using 13.1.0.0 Client and Server. The issue is so far reported only in thick client.

VM_10210769
5-Regular Member
(To:VM_10210769)
Top Tags