cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

When i tried to set Item Editability rule based on category field it is showing me issue "Item editability rule contains invisible field shared category". How to resolve this issue?

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

When i tried to set Item Editability rule based on category field it is showing me issue "Item editability rule contains invisible field shared category". How to resolve this issue?

When i tried to set Item Editability rule based on category field it is showing me issue "Item editability rule contains invisible field shared category". How to resolve this issue can anyone suggest?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Kapil,

It is because the "category" field is not in Visible Field (Edit Type > Visible Fields).

In my case (img below) the field "YYY-WC-Field-Integer-Aux" is in Presentation but not in Visible Fields. When I try to use it in Item Editability I get the same error.

img010.jpg

Regards.

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:wcatunda-2)

Hi Walmir,

And i got to know more about this, i was doing editability based on meaningful and non-meaningful , (Item is non-meaningful). But we can set this because item is a big scope it covers whole document so implement the same effect we can do like that "Category=heading or category=comment". And category field is there in visible field but we can't set based on meaningful or non-meaningful.

Thanks and Regards,

Kapil

Top Tags