cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Why call it RV&S?

LG_10096154
12-Amethyst

Why call it RV&S?

What is the "S".

Requirements Validation and s___

@LLawton  already called this out and now we are considering using it and the first question as it was with MAPSB is what does those initial stand for?

Maybe the commitment to the name RV&S is seen in that there is no "label" for it in this forum.

It's called "Windchill" because PTC thinks it's cooler than it actually is 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

RV&S is short of Windchill Requirements, Validation & Source. It has been part of the extended PLM brand for many years now.

Thanks

Kartik

That did not come up on any of the multiple pages of Google search 🙂

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:LG_10096154)

I fully agree.

It is a bad idea to change the name of a long-running product - at least for existing customers.

Every reference to the product now has to be renamed here; our users have to know the new name.

Instead of referencing the product as "Integrity", we now have to reference it as "PTC WindChill RV&S, formerly known as Integrity Lifecycle Manager" for our users who do not have daily contact with the product.

In addition, even on the PTC homepage, it is not fully visible. Does it belong to WindChill? Is it a separate product? How do I search for product information? "WindChill RV&S" also results in many wrong WindChill results. Plus I also have to search for "Integrity" in case it is something that was already documented for the "old" product.

The name itself is too long and - at least with german pronunciation - hard to spell.

I doubt the name change will be reverted, but maybe the PTC help, support, product pages could be adapted so that they are more easy to find.

khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:ssaul)

What have our users done?
They call the Tool RV&S  simply  "PTC".
To be honest: In the past they called it "MKS" ....

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:khoppe)

Same here...

Some still call it "MKS", others still "Integrity"...

But since support for RV&S by PTC becomes less and less, we might have to go another way anyways...sigh...

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:khoppe)

That's fine if that's the only product from PTC in use at your company.

Otherwise, it's the same as saying "I use Microsoft".

khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:LLawton)

It isn't, but simply the most used one (99%)

Top Tags