cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Windchill Modeler SySim Microsoft Studio error

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

Windchill Modeler SySim Microsoft Studio error

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to post. I recently downloaded Windchill Modeler 10.0 and have been going through the tutorial. When I got to the simulation section of the tutorial and tried to run the Speed Controller, I got an error message saying that Visual Studio is no longer supported. What is the workaround? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We don't support or test using that version, so that could be the cause of the error. If possible try with one of the supported versions - I've attached the Release Notes and supported versions of VS are listed. 

If you still have problems you can raise a call with PTC Support.

regards,

Patrick

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:KHEdu)

Please provide a screenshot of your error.

KHEdu
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

KH_11030237_0-1713878069780.png

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Take a look - "After upgrading Windchill Modeler, Visual Studio not recognized when generating code through TDK": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS354672 

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

Thanks for this.  Not sure where to find TheGenerator in Visual Studio 2022.  Any idea?

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1713892400049.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

I have Visual Studio Community 2022. Does that make a difference?

We don't support or test using that version, so that could be the cause of the error. If possible try with one of the supported versions - I've attached the Release Notes and supported versions of VS are listed. 

If you still have problems you can raise a call with PTC Support.

regards,

Patrick

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

I went through the different model elements in the SpeedController example file, which is referenced in the Windchill Modeler 10.0 tutorial.  When I open the properties Window for the elements I think drive the simulation, click on the Options tab in the Properties window, there is no field to specify a language. I also tried to TrafficLights example.  Same thing.

KHEdu_0-1714065868897.pngKHEdu_1-1714065925321.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1714067264446.pngKHEdu_1-1714067292016.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

I only have a Visual Studio Dev Essentials subscription. I uninstalled VS2022. I downloaded VS2015Update 3 from Microsoft since it was the only file available. But when I tried install it, I got an error saying that I have to have a previous update version installed first. I'll contact PTC Support. Thanks.

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1714575194223.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_1-1714575250164.png

I have this installed, but not Visual Studio itself.  Also, I tried to create a PTC support ticket, but the website said I only have Basic PTC.com Account. 

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1714576371743.png

I uninstalled and tried to reinstall.  I didn't get this error during the first installation. I think I'm done. But it was a good trial while it lasted.  I enjoyed working through the tutorial up to the simulation portion.  Thanks.

Top Tags