cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how can i import sandbox after 10.8 integrity

kdongwoo
1-Newbie

how can i import sandbox after 10.8 integrity

Hi. im using 10.8 integrity. i have already know that there is no project.pj file on 10.8

but i need project.pj file for importing snadbox, because i changed computer. i want to use  sandbox as usual.

is there any way to import sandbox or make project.pj by manually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kim,

When you upgrade the Client to 10.8, the sandboxes are already migrated into the 10.8 client-side database.

So if that has already been done, you can simply copy the client-side DB, to the new 10.8 client machine.

If you mean you have pre-10.8 sandboxes still, "si importsandbox" can still be used to bring in "pre-10.8" sandbox, but once imported, it's in the new client-side DB for good.

Like I suggested, it would probably be beneficial to open a Support case, for your specific scenario.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kim,

There is a backup of the client-side database (which stores your sandboxes) on your old client machine.

(the locations are mentioned in this semi-related article:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS250437)

(You have to still have access to your old machine obviously)

You could copy those over the new client-side database, on your new machine.

I'd suggest opening a Support case, for assistance with this.

This is also assuming that you haven't started using sandboxes already, on your new machine.

Thanx for the fast reply

i read related integrity article.

but this is about migrate to 10.8 from lower version

i want to know how i import sandbox on 10.8

Hi Kim,

When you upgrade the Client to 10.8, the sandboxes are already migrated into the 10.8 client-side database.

So if that has already been done, you can simply copy the client-side DB, to the new 10.8 client machine.

If you mean you have pre-10.8 sandboxes still, "si importsandbox" can still be used to bring in "pre-10.8" sandbox, but once imported, it's in the new client-side DB for good.

Like I suggested, it would probably be beneficial to open a Support case, for your specific scenario.

Top Tags