cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

A new member of a group is not able to view existing running workflow tasks

kregimbald
9-Granite

A new member of a group is not able to view existing running workflow tasks

The issue we are having is that I created a new member to a group. All the workflow tasks that were assigned to this group (previous to the new member) are visible to everyone except for the new member. The new member can, however, see new workflow tasks that have been started since the member was added to the group. My question is this...How can the new member see the older workflow tasks? Note: Currently we are re-assigning the older tasks to the new member, however, this is very time consuming (over 200 tasks).

2 REPLIES 2

Kathleen Regimbald wrote:

The issue we are having is that I created a new member to a group. All the workflow tasks that were assigned to this group (previous to the new member) are visible to everyone except for the new member. The new member can, however, see new workflow tasks that have been started since the member was added to the group. My question is this...How can the new member see the older workflow tasks? Note: Currently we are re-assigning the older tasks to the new member, however, this is very time consuming (over 200 tasks).

This seems to be standard. We've seen similar behavior with the final email notification. It appears that when the workflow is first created is where the "memberships" are calculated. Hopefully someone has a better answer.

The team instance is created when the workflow is initiated. Adding someone to a group at a later time does not cause the team instance to be re-calculated/resolved. There is a way to get the team roles to re-resolve, but I don't recall what that is.

Top Tags