cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Administartors receiving Change Admin I notifications

CJL
4-Participant
4-Participant

Administartors receiving Change Admin I notifications

Testing the OOTB Change Request I set up a test product using the general product template. I then created a number of parts. Switching to the Team minor tab I added my user and my test user accounts to each of the roles with the exception of guest and Members which I left empty.

I then selected New Change Request on one of the parts. After completing the Wizard and submiting the change request my two accounts assigned to the Change Admin I role received the Analyze CR email as expected. The problem is that so did all of the administrators.

When I openned the assignement with one of my accounts I found both of my accounts and Administrators listed under the assignment

I've double checked the team assignments and looked under organization and site trying to find out why the Administrators are receiving the Analyze CR notification. Any ideas on why Administrators are getting the Change Admin I role?

Thanks in advance

-Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Lohbauer
1-Newbie
(To:CJL)

I am experiencing this exact symptom with Change Requests as Chris points out below. I am running 9.1 m062. Has anyone figured out why the Admin are receiving the assignment even though they are not in the Change Admin 1 role?

Curiouser and Curiouser

In Reply to Chris Lindberg:

Testing the OOTB Change Request I set up a test product using the general product template. I then created a number of parts. Switching to the Team minor tab I added my user and my test user accounts to each of the roles with the exception of guest and Members which I left empty.

I then selected New Change Request on one of the parts. After completing the Wizard and submiting the change request my two accounts assigned to the Change Admin I role received the Analyze CR email as expected. The problem is that so did all of the administrators.

When I openned the assignement with one of my accounts I found both of my accounts and Administrators listed under the assignment

I've double checked the team assignments and looked under organization and site trying to find out why the Administrators are receiving the Analyze CR notification. Any ideas on why Administrators are getting the Change Admin I role?

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Thanks in advanceto all you wicked smarties out there,

Bob Lohbauer

Hi Bob, this is because the Administrators group is explicitly added to the "Change Request Team" ootb. You can take a look at this via the Team Administration tool under Org>Utilities.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDF3CC.5B1938F0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
Top Tags