cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Anyone ever bulk loaded ECN/ECR into Windchill?

SteveVinyard
1-Newbie

Anyone ever bulk loaded ECN/ECR into Windchill?

I'm looking to do some bulk loading of change data from some other older database systems and want to make sure I know all the options. Right now I can probably get the data dumped out as a .CSV from the old database but I'm not sure about using the WTLoader and CSVtoXML utility on Change data. I've done lots of documents, wtparts and links between the 2 using the wtloader but never change data.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDA230.776637D0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
Phone: 1.800.800.1714 ext 3126
-<">mailto:-> / www.tristar.com

3 REPLIES 3

Steve,

This can also be done with the LoadFromFile utility, and CSV2XML utility. You can see what the CSV format is for each change object in the WT_Home\loadFiles\csvmapfile.txt file. Once you get the CSV created its the same process as loading Parts and Docs.

Brandon Lehman, PLM Consultant

brandon.lehman@stechservices.com

Steve,

Loading Change Objects is not possible with OOTB loaders.

Reference Document - CS77387.

You will have to write a custom loader to accomplish that.

-Nitin

That ticket is confusing. Looks like the user wants to load a Change Request, but they are getting the error using the Problem Report method. After some more digging Problem Reports are lacking a method in the loader class, so those are impossible to load OOTB.

AWindchill object can be created for Change Requests, Change Notices, and Change Activities with LoadFromFile. The downfall is that you can only specify name, number, description, and state when loading these change objects. The other OOTB attributes either get created with no value or it's default value. The other downfall is that the OOTB loader does not allow you to load to a soft type of these change objects.

While PTC may still claim to not support loading change objects, the tools are there for the ability to load them with minimal flexibility.

Top Tags