cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Auto-Generate number in Change Request

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Auto-Generate number in Change Request

I have a development system and a production system both created from the same set of data at 9.1 and updated individually to 10.0m040.

We are now implementing Change Management routines. These were setup by the original sys admin who left no notes on what we did during the Windchill setup.

On the development side, when I initiate a Change Request, the number is set to Auto-Generated.

On the production server, it is a required manual entry. We want it to be auto-generated.

I have checked the OIR and configured them both the same.

I have checked the Attribute Manager for Change Request number and they both have the same settings.

Where is the auto-generate for the number configured at?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben - check/compare the OIR's for the constraints on the Number Attribute as well. It may appear to be using the algorithm to auto generate but your production OIR may be applying a constraint to manually number. Maybe export the Dev OIR and load it in to Production and try it? If the same OIR results in different behaviour, then I'm stumped as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kpritchard
4-Participant

Ben - check/compare the OIR's for the constraints on the Number Attribute as well. It may appear to be using the algorithm to auto generate but your production OIR may be applying a constraint to manually number. Maybe export the Dev OIR and load it in to Production and try it? If the same OIR results in different behaviour, then I'm stumped as well.

Only thing I can add to Keir's reply is to make sure you check the OIRs at all three levels; site, org, & product.

In addition to the previous suggestions, have you tried looking in preferences?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

My OIRs are at the Org Level. When I go to Product and Utilities-OIR, the column shows them at the Org Level.

I don't see anything under Organization Preferences Change Management that would switch numbering.

The OIR for the development system had Attribute Constraints that were missing on the production system.

When I imported the development OIR into the Org Level production OIR, I get auto-generated numbers.

Top Tags