cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Batch print with windchill 8 ? [solution found]

SylvainA.
4-Participant

Batch print with windchill 8 ? [solution found]

Hello, I would like to batch print several set of drawings that are in Windchill and I would like to be able of re-print them whenever I want (even after a modification of some of them). I also want to always print the latest iteration of each drawing. I used to do this using Pro/Batch (when all my files were on my hard drive).
4 REPLIES 4

You can write java that will collect content (pdf or pvl files) of all EPMs that you need to wishfull folder and than launch batch print.
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-2049169)

Thank you, but I really dont know java programming. I found an easier solution: I use Pro/Batch but I manually edit a batch file and I write this kind of command line: -plot -object wtpub://SERVERNAME/LibraryPath/Filename.drw -plotter POSTSCRIPT -paper A4 -quality 3 -userscale 1 -range -all -plotfile Filename.plt

Here is another way to print multiply drawings, but it don't works:)

anonymous wrote:

Solution 125979 Additional Information Description ----------------- The standard Windchill Batch Printing Tool is lauched via the printing icon seen on each row of the Search Results Page or beneath the Thumbnail Image on a Part or Document's Properties Page. This tool purely launches the ProductView Standard Edition (ED) Client with an additional commandline argument, stimulating it to automatically lauch its Batch Printing Tool. This tool allows the user to search the viewed product structure for drawing viewables and then print them via the standard OS printing mechanisms. The problem is that the WVS Representation of an assembly does not also contain the Representations of Referenced Drawing CAD Documents and therefore, the Batch Print Tool will not find any drawings in an assembly's viewed product structure. Alternate Technique ----------------- a) Individually print the Representation of each Referenced Drawing's CAD Document via the Printing icon. b) Add the Representation of each Referenced Drawing's CAD Document to the Visualization Clipboard, launch their combined product structure into the ProductView SE Client and then select Tools -> Add-in Tools -> Batch Print..., search for All Drawings in the structure and Print them as required. Resolution ----------------- Currently, there is no out-of-the-box method of automatically Batch Printing ALL Drawings referenced by an Assemblies Windchill Product Structure but there a some standard customizations that provide this additional functionality. Please contact PTC's Global Services Organisation for further details.

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:dbalagansky)

The problem here is to create a product structure containing all the desired drawings...
Top Tags